Please note if you would like another person present at your examination, please let the doctor or nurse know and they will be happy to arrange this for you.
- The Practice holds a weekly child health clinic, run by a GP, Health Visitor and Practice Nurse.
- Vaccination, medical and health advice are available.
The Practice offers an enhanced specialist sexual health screening. This includes screening for chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, syphillis, Hep B + C if appropraite.
PLEASE NOTE: WE NOW ONLY OFFER SEXUAL HEALTH APPOINTMENTS FOR OUR REGISTERED PATIENTS. WE CAN NO LONGER OFFER THIS SERVICE TO THE MANCHESTER POPULATION.
- All contraceptive services are available at the practice – please make an appointment with a GP.
- This includes coils and contraceptive implants.
- Every Tuesday evening.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A PATIENT AT THE SURGERY - YOU JUST NEED A MANCHESTER ADDRESS AND BE REGISTERED WITH A MANCHESTER GP.
- The Practice provides appointments for travel advice/immunisations.
- You should complete and submit a travel questionnaire via the link in the Travel section and we will call you to make an appointment with a Practice Nurse within 5 working days or you can fill in a travel form which you get get at Reception.
- Please note it is recommended that immunisations should be given at least 8 weeks before travelling.
- The Practice cannot provide this service last minute!
- The Practice runs a regular minor surgery clinic.
- This includes removal of small lumps and minor skin lesions and joint injections.
- Please make an appointment with a GP for assessment for this clinic.
The Practice actively supports and encourages all patients to stop smoking. Practice Nurses run appointments to help you stop smoking, and the majority of Nicotine replacement products are available on prescription.
Please give stopping smoking some serious consideration.
The practice can offer help and treatment for mental health problems. Please make an appointment with a GP for assessment. Referral onto specialist mental health services is available if appropriate. These include:
- Primary care mental health workers.
- Community mental health teams/ CPNS.
- Clinical psychology.
- Consultant psychiatrist.
- Many people have ongoing chronic health problems.
- These conditions need regular review at lease once a year and the practice will send you an appointment for this.
- We also encourage self-management and appointments in the clinic if you feel you have any problems.
Over 40s Health Check
The Practice recognises that the use of illegal drugs is common – this can lead to levels of use which can result in problems.
The Practice works closely with Manchester Drug Service to provide help and treatment for a range of drug problems. We provide a national enhanced service for drug misuse. This includes assessment and substitute prescribing for heroin dependency.
To access this service please make an appointment with a GP.
The Practice encourages all patients to drink within weekly recommended safe limits.
We also recognise some patients regularly consume above these recommended limits which can be damaging to health and sometimes results in dependency.
The Practice works closely with practitioners from the community alcohol team – help with all types of alcohol problems is available. Please make an appointment with a GP for further advice.