Registering homeless patients at Urban Village Medical Practice
Urban Village Medical Practice provides full registration at the practice for people who are homeless until they find settled accommodation.
We register people who are:
- Rough sleeping in Manchester city centre
- Sofa surfing in the immediate practice area
- Resident at Woodward Court, Women’s Direct Access, Brydon Court, Newbury House and the Salvation Army Hostels in Ancoats and Beswick.
- Staying in a Manchester based night shelter
- We also ask that a patient has been in Manchester for a minimum of 2 weeks. If you believe there is a medical reason which requires the patient to be registered sooner than this please contact one of the team for a discussion on 0161 2725652.
If a person meets one of these criteria they need to undertake an assessment with one of the Homeless Team. Assessment for registration does not guarantee registration. If during the assessment it is identified that Urban Village Medical Practice may not be the most appropriate place for someone to be registered (for example due to location or prescribing policy) patient can be signposted or supported to register at an alternative GP practice. To arrange an assessment please contact the Homeless Team office on 0161 2725652.
In accordance with NHS guidelines we do not ask for identification or proof of address to register a homeless patient.