Clinics and Services
We run the following clinics at the practice:
Routine immunisations take place every Thursday afternoon between 14:30 – 16:30 with a practice nurse.
These appointments can be booked on most days of the week. Please speak to a member of reception to book an appointment.
Sexual health Clinic
We offer enhanced specialist sexual health screening. This includes screening for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, HIV, Syphilis and Hep B and C where appropriate.
Please ask at reception for more details.
Please note that we now only offer sexual health appointments for our registered patients. We can no longer offer this service to the Manchester population.
Family Planning Clinic
We have a family planning clinic every Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.
The clinic covers coil and implant insertion and removals. If you would like to make an appointment, please let the receptionist know and they will arrange for a GP to call you to discuss your options.
Please note that a waiting list of at least 4-6 weeks may apply.
- Runs every Tuesday evening
- All contraceptive services are available at the practice – please make an appointment with a GP
- This includes coils and contraceptive implants
- You do not have to be a patient at the surgery – you just need a Manchester address and to be registered with a Manchester GP
- The practice provides appointments for travel advice/immunisations
- You should complete and submit a travel questionnaire and we will call you to make an appointment with a practice nurse within 5 working days
- Please note it is recommended that immunisations should be given at least 8 weeks before travelling
- The practice cannot provide this service last minute
- The practice runs a regular minor surgery clinic
- This includes removal of small lumps and minor skin lesions and joint injections
- Please make an appointment with a GP for assessment for this clinic
The practice actively supports and encourages all patients to stop smoking.
Practice nurses run appointments to help you stop smoking, and the majority of nicotine replacement products are available on prescription.
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a smoking review on a regular basis please use our form.
Please give stopping smoking some serious consideration.
The practice can offer help and treatment for mental health problems. Please make an appointment with a GP for assessment. If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9) please use this form.
Referral onto specialist mental health services is available if appropriate.
- Primary care mental health workers
- Community mental health teams/CPNS
- Clinical psychology
- Consultant psychiatrist
Chronic Disease Clinics
- Many people have ongoing chronic health problems
- These conditions need regular review (at least once a year), and the practice will send you an appointment for this
- We also encourage self-management and appointments in the clinic if you feel you have any problems
Over 40s Health Check
- Helping you prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes and kidney disease
- Appointments are with our practice nurse and health care assistant
For more information, please visit www.nhs.uk.
Substance Misuse Problems
The practice recognises that the use of illegal drugs is common – this can lead to levels of use which can result in problems.
The practice works closely with Manchester Drug Service to provide help and treatment for a range of drug problems. We provide a national enhanced service for drug misuse. This includes assessment and substitute prescribing for heroin dependency.
If you have been invited to submit an alcohol consumption review, please complete our form.
To access this service, please make an appointment with a GP.
The practice encourages all patients to drink within weekly recommended safe limits.
We also recognise some patients regularly consume above these recommended limits, which can be damaging to health and sometimes results in dependency.
The practice works closely with practitioners from the community alcohol team – help with all types of alcohol problems is available.
Please make an appointment with a GP for further advice.
Long Term Conditions
Many people have ongoing long term health problems.
These conditions need regular reviews at least once a year. If you have a long term condition, you will receive regular invites to the practice for reviews.
Shared Care Clinic
The practice offers a shared care service in partnership with Change Grow Live (CGL) for people experiencing drug misuse issues. We have a CGL worker based at the practice Monday to Friday.
Please speak to one of the GPs if you would like to access this service.
Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling reception before 10:00.
Your doctor will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed.
Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls.